Sunday, February 6, 2011

An Amazing Weekend...

Never let it be said that the Girl Scout Way is gone!  I just had an amazing weekend with my fellow leaders camping at the Adult Scouters' Retreat Weekend.  I learned a lot and had so much fun!  I learned more about myself- my strengths and weaknesses- this weekend. I actually went the entire weekend without one single cigarette!  Wow! Guess I just quit!  We went hiking, did crafts, and enjoyed a campfire circle.  I think the greatest thing I learned is I am just like everyone else.  There is no reason to be scared to be yourself.  No one is any better than me!  What a revelation this weekend was.  I am always so shy and quiet because I just do not want anyone think of me as embarrassing.  Is my low self esteem showing again?  OOPS!  Yes, I am as smart, as strong, as beautiful, as hard working, as ANYTHING as anyone else.  I am very glad that I have gotten involved in Scouting.  I think it has been better for me than my daughter so far.  I guess I was having a real hard time realizing just how small that box around me had gotten.  Then I started my own business and joined the Girl Scouts with my daughter.  The box started to grow and now I have met some of the most amazing ladies that I just cannot wait to learn more from!  Yes, I really am stretching and growing!  There really is no reason to be so shy and meek.  Will the real me please stand?  Here I am and I am ready to shine!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post my friend and I am glad you had a good weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Your Comments